Meditation is an activity that allows us to train the mind to see the world and ourselves with another perspective. It can be used for practical purposes, such as better sleeping or more efficient, and also to realize aspects of existence that are not obvious, but real. This realization of the non-obvious, the subtle, is what is meant by “realization.”
There are several types of realization, depending on which aspect of reality we focus our mind. Next we see a script of meditation that takes us to the different realizations (the realization of several subtle aspects). We can not pretend to get all the realizations in a few minutes, of course, this script just wants to show a possible way, and by the way defines what each type of realization means. Each person has a tendency to develop some specific aspect, but in fact we can, and it is convenient to do so, to work with all aspects. At first all we can hope to feel is an intuition of truth, something that resonates to us as real, but still distant; with practice, is seen more and more clearly, the mind is opening to new ways of seeing, to subtle knowledge, until finally the knowledge is “fully” realized.
Meditation on the realizations
- When the ego is active, love can only express itself as “I want.”
“I love you because you make me feel good” is what the ego expresses.
And if you stop being pleasant for that person, you fail their ego, you lose your utility for him. Then that ego says, “I do not love you anymore,” even saying “I hate you because you have failed me.”
- When the ego is inactive, love shines on its own.
- Love without ego is constant, demands nothing, does not seek to be useful.
- If you remain calm with the ego inactive, and watch closely, you will feel your own love, shining in you.
- The moment the ego reactivates itself, it loses that wonderful sensation, because the ego is incapable of realizing it, he is always waiting to get everything through something or someone, it never gives anything of itself.
- If you immerse yourself in that feeling of inner love, you will see that it expands, which seems to encompass everything.
- You will look around and everything will look bright, beautiful, because beauty and love both belong to the same plane, are aspects of the same thing.
- This state is called the realization of love.
- Keeping the ego inactive, with the mind in deep calm, watch your surroundings closely.
- You will feel one with everything. The separation between you and the world is a thing of the ego. It is relative, and ultimately false.
- By observing both the world and yourself, with the relaxed mind, your consciousness is simultaneously containing your environment and yourself, your body, your emotions, your mind, everything is in your consciousness, forming a unity.
- This state is called realization of non-duality.
- Meditating on the functioning of your body, a very complex biological machine, with innumerable cells, living beings cooperating with each other to keep you alive, we see the diversity of life creating an unity of life, you.
- Breathing, feeling life in you, looking at the life around you, with the calm mind, you feel that all life is one, you are a focus in an ocean of life.
- This state is called the realization of the unity of life.
- Looking, with the calm mind, how the world works out there, so complex, how everything seems to work alone, with mathematical exactitude, governed by natural laws, the whole cosmos functions like a precision clock, you feel there is an intelligence there, subtle, immense, that is in everything.
- That same intelligence keeps you alive, second to second.
- Your own personal mind is part of that intelligence, it is an individual focus of that cosmic intelligence.
- This state is called the realization of the unity of mind, or realization of the Universal Mind, “the Universe is a creation of the Mind.”
- Observing from the relaxed, open, centered mind, the Love that expands and is in everything, the unity of Life, the unity of the Mind, the non-duality of Consciousness, and your very profound being, encompassing all these aspects of reality with your consciousness, you experience a state of total oneness with Love, with Life, with Existence and with Mind.
- This state is called the realization of the Self.