Many years ago, in my 14’s, I found a very strange book that had drown my attention, named “Cyclomancy: The Secret of Psychic Power Control“; I have found a reference here, if you, reader, have curiosity. The book promises to the reader the acquiring of great powers such increase the muscle power up to 10 times with our mind, to move objects with the mind, to see up close from a big distance (even hundreds or thousands miles!), acquire X-ray vision, and many other super-powers.
I must say now that in these times was famous the series “Kung-Fu” with David Carradine, and that I was an absolutely fan of this series; the protagonist had too super-powers due to his mental and physical training, so the reader can imagine the effect that the promises of the book had on me.
So I bought the book, carefully read it, and with full faith about the results, did the exercises proposed. This exercises are spread in twenty lessons, progressively more difficult, and I can say that I had success in all the exercises I tried (I didn’t do all the exercises), but I left the “course” in lesson eight due to the fear that I felt as a result of the success: I was only a boy, and such mental powers seemed to me dangerous, moreover, it can convert a normal guy in a rare one, and this possibility, to become rare, is unpleasant for a teenager.
I think to have faith in the results is great for to improve and to accelerate the achieving in any topic, but specially in mental powers development. In my 14’s I had full faith in the possibility of to obtain mental powers, and enthusiasm too. Maybe this two factors, and my youth too, can explain the fast success that I obtained.
In fact, the author of the book said “this is a white magic course”, that is, the use of super-powers for good and selfless purposes, but with time seemed to me it was the contrary: the powers was useful for selfish purposes, so it was more near of black magic (if you are newbie with this concepts, Wikipedia contains good explanations about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_magic, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_magic).
Which exercises (and “powers”) was the ones I had success? Here is a brief summary, not a full one:
- Produce an noticeable change in the temperature of your hands after driving psychic power commands into them; with one had submerged in cold water, experience warmth applying only willpower.
- Estimate the exact time in any time of the day, instantaneously, without any thinking nor watches, and to awake in the morning at some preset time without alarm clock.
- Increase markedly, at will, the muscular strength; here I did a dangerous exercise: in a gym, later in the afternoon, with nobody there, I loaded a barbell weight lifting with about 80 kilos (about 180 pounds) and try to lift them… without any training! and surprisingly I can lift them easily!
- To send infrared rays with eyes, “touching” a distant person! Yes, this sound incredible of course, it was my first “external corporeal power”. At a distance of about two hundred meters a girl walking on the street feels like someone touch gently on her back so she turns back, only for realize that nobody was there, while I was watching all the history far away. This is the first succeeding exercise that scare myself.
- To “dissolve” a cloud with infrared rays… well, this sounds too incredible, and was my last succeeded exercise, it was too much for a boy.
After the last exercise I left the book in the library and never never have used it again, and I have lost all the old “powers”. But the experience was great for me, it shows clearly that my old materialism was wrong, and the quote “There are more things in people’s minds and bodies, my son, Than are dreamt of in all their sciences” included in the dedicatory of the book, really are true! So this old book left his mark in me, for sure.
(Off the topic: sorry for my bad English, I’m really trying to improve it!)